|Dedicated Thin Server appliance technology
- Allows storage anywhere on the network
- No need to bring down main server or client systems to add storage
- Relieves bottlenecks at main server
|Concurrent SMB and NFS client access with full data integrity. Full file
locking implementation services retain full multi-user application support.
- Seamless integration between Server Message Block (SMB) and NFS files for simultaneous
access by Windows and Unix users.
- Support for Unix's hard / symbol links, long file names, and built-in security.
- Extensive software caching ensures usual high Unix performance levels.
|Share mode, User mode and Passthrough access security
- Unprecedented security in a Thin Server.
- Customer chooses the mode to suit the environment.
- Passthrough allows just one user/group database for the network to be maintained on an
- Access control by IP address to block external SMB access.
|RAID 0,1,5 with background rebuild.
- Provides redundancy and data protection.
|Supports TCP/IP, and HTTP Industry Standard networking protocols.
- Plugs into existing network infrastructure.
- Operates in popular Windows and browser environments.
| Java and web browser menu with Quick Start Configuration and set-up
- Web based configuration and management utility for:
- Fast set-up, less than 5 minutes.
- Email alert notification.
- System services monitoring.
- HTTP server enable.
|Linux file system.
- Self-repairing to provide file system integrity.
- No need to run Scan Disk or fsck utilities.
- Fast recovery from failure.
|Embedded Linux multi-tasking real-time O/S Server Architecture (RTOS).
- Eliminates unnecessary server components, i.e. monitor, and keyboard.
- Optimized network file serving.
- Eliminates OS licenses.
- Eliminates loading software.
|DHCP Client implementing IP address leasing, centralized configuration
management and mobile computing support.
- Enables the sharing, allocation & tracking of IP addresses and configuration
management and allows mobile users to automatically obtain address and configuration
status regardless of location.
|Netscape (6) and Internet Explorer (5.0 & 4.1 w/ Service Pack #1).
- Supports latest web browsers.
|Windows Internet Naming System (WINS) support to provide ability for
client resolving of server names beyond a sub-network.
- CDS server can be seen and accessed rapidly in a multi-sub network environment,
providing higher productivity.
|Local Tape Backup support for SCSI 4 & 8mm, AIT, DLT, multi-tape
(spanning) and stacker devices.
- Backup scheduling available at weekly, monthly or daily.
- Tape catalogue management.
- Intelligent restore.
- Greater flexibility.